Saturday 19 February 2011

Fabulous dinner!

We had a fabulous night out with friends yesterday.  First meeting in the best wine bar in Dubrovnik, D'Vino. We sampled a new Plavac red wine which was very good.  Owner Sasha, who is Croatian-Australian has a great hideaway in Palmoticeva Street, brimming with wines from all over the world. 
A great start to the evening!
Then onto dinner at Lucin Kantun, in a little side street. 
Opened in 2010 I was surprised I had not been to this restaurant before, but my friends (French and Croatian) were regulars and eager for me to be delighted!  Sitting next to the open kitchen it was great to see the chef prepare the food.  Main course was duck, then I just had to have the cheesecake with sugar spun angels hair.   The owner (another Australian-Croatian!) offers impeccable service and a truly imaginative menu.  Highly recommended both the wine bar and restaurant.                  Photos - thanks to Tripadvisor

No comments:

Post a Comment