Tuesday 1 December 2009

Welcome to December ...



Last Saturday I watched BBC World's interesting "Hot Cities" about climate change and the fact that hurricanes and flooding around the world are increasing (apparently NYC is threatened to be at risk of flooding!).
For the last 24 hours we have endured a vicious coastal storm - winds up to 110km (directed straight at my apt, I am sure!). I thought my windows would blow in, so spent a sleepless night wandering the apt considering if I should bed down in the living room. Every storm seems worse than the one the previous year. By 4pm today, a sliver of sunshine showed through, but by 4.15pm for sunset - it was gone. These photos show nothing, if there was sound - it would be deafening. Ah memories of living on the coast in summertime ...

No comments:

Post a Comment