Wednesday 2 December 2009

Hotel Dubrovnik, England

Back in the early 1980's my parents sold the family home (I come from a large family of 7 and numbers were dwindling as we began leaving the nest). A few years later on the house was bought by a Croatian family as their primary residence. My parents moved back to the Drive and bought the house next door. The Croatian family's business was a few miles down the road; a hotel called Dubrovnik Hotel. My sister even had her wedding reception at the hotel in '91. Today the privately owned Dubrovnik Hotel continues to flourish and promotes itself as Bradford's Premier Boutique Hotel. So, is it fate that I should be now living in Dubrovnik? All those years ago I never thought that I would be living in the country of origin of my neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment